Friday, April 27, 2012

#Leveson : #Gloucesteshire Police Chief Tony Melville Resigns - Good Cops Leave And Corrupt Cops Continue On Murdoch Payroll !

Gloucestershire's chief constable Tony Melville has resigned over proposed police reforms.
After just two years in the role, the former Devon and Cornwall cop said he had "decided the time is right to leave".
In a statement, Mr Melville said: "I believe Policing does need to change and that is why we have transformed our approach in Gloucestershire.
"However I have grave concerns about some elements of the current police reform agenda especially the election of Police and Crime Commissioners in six months time. I have therefore decided that I will not continue as Chief Constable under those new arrangements.
"I am stepping aside in time for the Police Authority to appoint my successor and ensure continuity for the incoming Police and Crime Commissioner in November"
Deputy chief constable Mick Matthews will be appointed temporary chief constable. 


http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Gloucestershire-police-chief-Tony-Melville/story-15934484-detail/story.html