Wednesday, April 25, 2012

#Leveson : Jeremy Hunt Statement On Leveson Revelations.

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/52043/jeremy_hunt_statement_on_leveson_revelations.html


Department for Culture, Media and Sport press release

Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt said:

“Now is not a time for kneejerk reactions. We’ve heard one side of the story today but some of the evidence reported meetings and conversations that simply didn’t happen.

“Rather than jump on political bandwagon, we need to hear what Lord Justice Leveson thinks after he’s heard all the evidence.
“Let me be clear my number one priority was to give the public confidence in the integrity of process. I asked for advice from independent regulators – which I didn’t have to do – and I followed that advice to the letter.

“I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible which is why I have today written to Lord Justice Leveson asking if my appearance can be brought forward. I am very confident that when I present my evidence the public will see that I conducted this process with scrupulous fairness.”