Thursday, April 26, 2012

#Leveson : Press Release -Tom Crone's Statement On Murdoch's Shamefull Lie.

Statement by Tom Crone, former News International Legal Manager

“Since Rupert Murdoch’s evidence today about a lawyer who had been on the News of the World for many years can only refer to me, I am issuing the following statement.

“His assertion that I “took charge of a cover-up” in relation to phone-hacking is a shameful lie. The same applies to his assertions that I misinformed senior executives about what was going on and that I forbade people from reporting to Rebekah Brooks or to James Murdoch.

“It is perhaps no coincidence that the two people he has identified in relation to his cover-up allegations are the same two people who pointed out that his son’s evidence to the Parliamentary Select Committee last year was inaccurate.

“The fact that Mr Murdoch’s attack on Colin Myler and myself may have been personal as well as being wholly wrong greatly demeans him.”


http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/52228/statement_from_tom_crone_on_allegations_by_rupert_murdoch.html