Wednesday, July 27, 2011

#MurdochMafia: #ChristineNixon #Murdochs News Ltd was out to ruin me !

The prize would be my scalp: Former police chief Christine Nixon in Blairgowrie last night.
The prize would be my scalp: Former police chief Christine Nixon in Blairgowrie last night. Photo: Justin McManus

FORMER Victorian chief police commissioner Christine Nixon has accused Rupert Murdoch's News Ltd newspapers of being instrumental in bringing down her successor in the job, Simon Overland.

She also said she believed she had been subject to a relentless campaign by News Ltd papers, particularly the Herald Sun, since she retired following the Black Saturday bushfires on February 7, 2009, to force her from public life.

''In the 2½ years since retiring, they have run a vendetta against me. They have published articles and beat up stories saying I am not supposed to teach courses, shouldn't be allowed to sit on boards, not allowed to do leadership lectures, should have quit my job as chair of the Bushfire Recovery Authority, should not mentor people, and the final one is I am not allowed to write a book.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/news-out-to-ruin-me-nixon-20110727-1i0ek.html#ixzz1TKJoNctj